School of Visual Arts
Master of Fine Art: Computer Art
2010 - 2012
Washington University in St. Louis
Bachelor of Fine Art: Painting
2006 - 2010
3D Modeling and Animation I & II, Motion Graphics Thesis I & II, Storyboarding, Game Design.
Anatomy & Figure Studies, Color Theory, Foundation Drawing, Painting Thesis I & II
Adobe Photoshop *
Adobe Illustrator *
Adobe InDesign *
Adobe After Effects *
Adobe Premiere Pro *
Avid Pro Tools *
* denotes advanced to expert proficiency
Concept Artist, Illustrator & Graphic Designer
Freelance Artist: New York, NY
August 2012 - Present
Concept artist, art director and narrative designer for ‘Foreigner’, an original science-fiction game concept. Scope of duties include:
- Key art illustrations and storyboards
- Character and weapon concept designs, turnarounds and orthogonals.
- 3D models and sketches for prop and environment concepts
Contract illustrator/designer for start-ups, and small businesses.
- Consult with clients to modernize and re-brand logos, print advertisements and company web pages.
- Clarify project objectives with design documents, mock-ups and interactive website demos.
Art Department Graphic Designer & Props Master
Derby City Productions: Louisville, KY
November 2012 - March 2013
- Efficiently illustrated, edited and designed logos, banners and hero props for the independent film ‘Split.’
- Designed and animated supplementary film sequences in After Effects and Premiere.
- Orchestrated prop acquisition and distribution.
- Assisted in location preparation and set dressing.
Digital Comics Intern
Marvel Entertainment: New York, NY
Prepared graphic novel spreads for digital viewing by proficiently fixing pages, and denoting viewable areas on the page for an online comic reading service.
International Game Developers Association
January 2014 - Present
Communication Arts Illustration Annual 58
Shortlist Finalist: Street Race